Working with a full-time work schedule can be hectic, adding on managing a MLM business may seem to be an impossible task to pull off but, I’m here to tell you that it can be done.
I won’t sugar coat it, it takes extremely serious commitment, patience and most of all, sheer will. With that said, if you have made your mind up that you want to manage a successful MLM business while working a full-time job, I have 7 tips to help you get started and on your way to developing a mind-set, strategy, and success!
Tip #1 TAKING THE PLUNGE: COMMITTING
Your journey begins here, and with any successful beginning, keep in mind:
- Have your mind set to know that this will be time consuming, this will be work but worth it.
- There will be some sacrifice involved, such as: you will not have as much free time as you did prior. With that said, keep your eyes on the prize.
Tip #2 RIGHT TIME – RIGHT PLACE
- Depending on what hours you work your full-time job is vital to when and where you are at your best for managing your MLM business.
- Are your mornings or evenings free from your full-time job? Are there any possibilities of Networking at your full-time job, such as lunch breaks?
Tip #3 KEEPING YOUR TIME REALISTIC
- Keeping both a full-time job and managing your MLM business can crunch all time away. As you begin, set realistic amounts of time for your MLM business so you get the adequate rest, relaxation, and family time needed.
- Having the support of your family is highly welcomed. Make sure to explain to your family why you have begun this business, what your MLM business is, and what you feel the end result will contain for you and your family.
Tip #4 TECHNOLOGY: YOUR TOOL OF SUCCESS
Balancing your full-time job as well as running your own MLM business is tedious and you will need to be several places at one time, but that can be a stretch in itself. Take use of all that technology has to offer such as:
- Fax machines
- Cell phones
- Answering machines
These are just a few devices that allow you to be several places at one time, take advantage of as many as possible.
One word of caution. It is important to use your devices only. Company’s and corporations frown on it’s employees using their equipment for personal use and many companies are now keeping a very close eye on its employees in-coming and out-going emails.
Tip #5 DON’T QUIT YOUR FULL TIME JOB……… YET
You may be seeing the beginning of profit with your MLM business. The thought of quitting your full-time job has possibly ran through your mind. DON’T! At least not as of yet. There are many things to consider as well as plan out, and most importantly being patient, as hard as it may seem, will pay off in the end. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is this profit that I am seeing recurring and consistent?
- How often are these profits coming in?
- Is it more, or less than my paycheck from my full- time position?
By no means am I saying that it won’t be a possibility in the future to consider your own MLM business for your sole income. I’m saying weigh it all out prior, and if there is any doubt, go with your instinct.
In today’s world, many people have discovered the joy of running their own MLM business while working a full-time job. The secret in the nut-shell is balance. Balance of the full-time job, the MLM business, and also having a regular life as well. It seems like a lot, and believe me it is, but as I have stated, not impossible.
Tip #6 COMPETITION WITH YOUR FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
It is not a good idea to compete your own MLM business with your place of work or employer. With that said, lets consider that your employer is working with million-dollar accounts with multi-million-dollar corporations. For an example the business at hand is a marketing consulting firm, and your employer and company that you work full time with handled the accounts of extremely large firms. You, on the other hand with your MLM business, handle mom and pop businesses, or individuals seeking your service. Is that really tying in with the large corporation that your full-time employment resides with? It may be best to consult with your lawyer prior, but all in all, you be the judge…
Tip #7 PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Keeping a neat and clean filing system of your to-do’s as well as contacts on an easy to access system will make your MLM business run smooth. Some suggestions could include:
- Create files as well as backing them on your computer
- Having an easy to get to rolodex of clients and their phone numbers on your private desk or work area.
Working a full-time job supporting yourself as well as the family is time consuming and can be stressful at times. Running your own MLM business as well as a full-time job can add double the pressure. With that said, if you are willing to make some sacrifices, some changes in your life, get the family’s support, and most of all take it (step by step), you will see an unbelievable change in your income level as well as your life.
Rocket Recruiting can help. Just scroll to the top and join the webinar to see how.
Thanks for visiting…
To The Top!